Stretch marks.

I really couldn't afford another kid. Or another or another. No one can. But that's not why God gave These People to me...

As it turns out, the world rotates on an axis and not me. The same applies to my children's siblings.

As it turns out, patience is a virtue.
Given ample opportunity to develop this virtue, I continue to be deficient.

As it turns out, I can handle enormous amounts of stress. My garden benefits.

As it turns out, I can function for days without adequate sleep. Inadequate sleep interferes with virtue development.

As it turns out, I did need a daughter. She solved the puzzle.

As it turns out, tough love has it's place. Launching a man is tough business.

As it turns out, the exhaustion accompanying me through the first 10 years of parenthood has relocated to my brain. If that's not a scientific fact, it should be.

As it turns out, I do like teenagers. They possess a particular charm and casual intensity that is admirable.

As it turns out, my mother was right. Some days, a mother's only consolation is the inevitable repetition of history.

As it turns out, I will do what I Will Never. I'm not that good of a person but I am ripe for training.

It's possible I needed more character development than others and that's why I have All These Kids.

Comments

  1. Sweetie, you're one of the best moms I know. You have all those kids because none of us were brave enough to go there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister, preach it. I so needed this

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN. I love this post!!! Can you tell I have teens?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thumbs up...new follower from the monday mingle blog hop.
    stop over at mine.
    http://ninakema.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, everytime "I swear I'd NEVER!", God and life conspire to make absolutely certain I do. I'm always glad in the end, though sometimes my gratitude takes a few seconds, or years, to kick in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, forgot to sign. - mmumm ^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm almost done saying it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So are you telling me you'll NEVER say it again?

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderfully put! I think the exhaustion thing and your brain actually are scientific fact, they did some kind of study that showed moms loose brain function. They said you gain it back, but I haven't seen evidence of it yet in my own life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I am your newest follower from the blog hop! Hope you stop by some time 

    Sabrina
    www.sabrinassillys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment