"...just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering." - A.A. Milne

Librarian:

"Okay. How about we color these pictures about the book fair and you can put them on your refrigerator at home?"

Girls' table:

"I'm getting Fancy Nancy no matter how much it costs."

"I'm coloring all my letters a different color."

"In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room..."

"I have purple letters. JUST purple. Don't you want purple?"

"I've been to that place. I LOVE it!"

"Hey, can you hold this? Can you hold this and watch me for a minute?"

"I love to twirl. Twiiiiirrrrrlllll!"

Meanwhile, at the boys' table:

"Can't I just draw one?"

"I don't want to color that."

"How much is the ninja fighting book?"

"Hey, you can be in his club if you are seven!"

"I'm going to get that ninja book and be a fighter."

"You're not seven but I am...almost."

"Naw, I'm going to do my own club at my house."

"Can I be in your club?"

"Yes, but you have to learn to fight."

"Do you like my picture? Do you think it looks real?"

"I'm gonna do my own club, too."

Interjecting Librarian:

"Really? What kind of club will you have?"

"An antique club."

Comments