When your eyes are on this child.

You can push back when I mean to move forward. You can say no when it's better to say yes.

You can dishearten and despair because you forget you're not the One.

You can squint and snarl when you see my reflection. You can register all your disdain.

You can sabotage and terrify but you just waste opportunities.

You can loathe and distract from the business at hand. You can splinter my heart and you can try to steal away with it.

But, to what end? It's not about you anyway. You are not your own but bought with a price.

When there's more to me than my own doubt, insecurities and fear, I am pale in comparison. When my eyes can see further and my perspective comes into focus, I remember:

I am a beautiful daughter. I wear a crown of life with worth unseen to all. Reaching toward my purpose, Heaven waits for me to know that I am fully known.

Meanwhile, I'm my own worst enemy and it's exhausting.

Comments