It just won't sing for you.

I wish you were okay but you're just not and I fear you never will be.

Maybe it was the dragon who scorched your innocence so long ago. Or maybe it was the big, scary bear who pawed your insides to death. Or it could be the deceivingly lovely flowers tinged with poisons.

Too often, I'm jolted from sleep with the thought of you. I wonder if you wonder and how you face it alone in the dark or is that what the flowers are for? The very scent of them is intoxicating when we desperately need the distraction. 

If I could have protected you, I would do anything to go back and find a way. Someone stole away with the part of you that scatters in the wind. I feel the loss deep in my soul and I can't find a way to let it go.

It seems unjust to hold accountable the victim.

Isn't justice still justice even if I'm the only one left on the face of the earth who thinks so?

I wish it was okay but it's just not.

Comments

Post a Comment