I hear the ticking of the clock.

I won't sleep this night because my mind drifts far away to where you are. If I had a tiny glimpse of what could be, I know I could give it a rest.
I won't sleep this night because my peace packed up and moved away. I can't take it personally. Sweet dreams are complicated and tainted with the price one must pay to have them. You are possibly the most expensive dream I ever had.
I won't sleep this night because my fear is running wild. I'd try to right every wrong but I could never be enough so I lie awake with my unholy imagination.
I've had a lifetime of letting go. From the moment you entered the world, I was forced to begin learning how. No amount of practice will bring me sleep.
I won't sleep this night because my dark hours are stolen by your songs. You will play all night if it means you don't have to be alone.
Alone is my song but it keeps me from dreaming.

Comments